The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Heritage Region announced additions to its speaker lineup for the 2019 IABC Heritage Region Communication Conference at the Greektown Casino-Hotel in Detroit on Sept. 22-24. Those additional speakers include:
- How Toyota Transitioned from Recalls to Recovery: Curt McAllister, 2018 IABC Detroit Communicator of the Year and manager, Midwest Public Relations, Toyota North America
- Ensuring that “Transformation” Isn’t a Crisis: Courtney Boone, vice president, Global Communications, Westinghouse Electric Co.
- Culture 911: Does Yours Need Resuscitation? Mark Schumann, accredited business communicator (ABC), IABC and IABC fellow; vice president, Culture, Sabre Corp.
- Attorneys as Allies: Balancing Stakeholder Needs with Legal Concerns in a Crisis, Deb Hileman, strategic communications management professional (SCMP); member, IABC Executive Board; and president and CEO, Institute for Crisis Management
- The Five Critical Components that Drive Social Media Success: Cyrus Mavalwala, master communicator (MC), (ABC), founding partner, Advantis Communications
- Presenting Data Effectively: Communicating Your Findings for Maximum Impact: Stephanie Evergreen PhD, Evergreen Data
“Senior communicators and those new to the industry can improve their knowledge and skills at this year’s conference,” said Joy Lovejoy, chair, conference speaker committee. “Each of these national and regional communication leaders and the keynote speakers will share ideas to help communication professionals develop effective strategies and tactics for issues we face today and tomorrow.”
Communicators, marketers or strategic partners can network and grow their skills at breakout, keynote and extended sessions as well as panel discussions – while also savoring the sights, sounds and tastes of Detroit, the nation’s top rising urban hot spot.
For the list of conference speakers, visit the conference website. The official hashtag for the conference is #IABCHeritage19.